Professor Pick L. Ball....
The Professor is a distinguished Pickleball Professor who hopes to share some of his useful thoughts, along with those useful thoughts from his friends, about the game of Pickleball. The Professor welcomes all suggestions and comments and hopes to hear from you regarding suggestions on improving play, fun stories, ideas or thoughts about the sport of Pickleball. To submit your thoughts, suggestions, ideas or comments please click on the Contact Us page.
Professor Pick L. Ball and our good friend and excellent Pickleball player Rich Donald recently sat down and talked about the 11 common errors made by most Pickleball players.
Here are the resulsts of their discussions.
1. Overhitting and trying too many line shots.
2. Hanging back (staying back in no man's land instead of getting up to the line.)
3. Going around backhand (except for possibly the return of serve).
4. Overreaching to hit the ball.
5. Letting the ball bounce when not necessary (always hit the ball in the air if possible).
6. Grip errors.
7. Taking eye off the ball.
8. Not getting back into the ready position.
9. Not stepping back after serve or moving to inside the base line after serving.
10. Not getting a deep serve or return of serve.
11. Being predictable.
Thanks Richard and Professor Pick L Ball, we'll are start working on becoming better players, using your hints, along the way..
Professor Pick L. Ball is now sharing with us the Universal Truth of Pickleball.
THE UNIVERSAL TRUTH
Your mother taught you everything you
need to know about playing Pickleball
before you were 10 years old:
TELL THE TRUTH,
TAKE A SHOWER,
AND PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. L